Why you should not miss the opportunity to go to Dublin with the MAA.
Dublin, named Europe’s “friendliest city” twice by Tripadvisor, will be this years’ Careers Beyond Borders destination! If that, and the opportunity to meet various companies abroad during a 5-day stay is not convincing enough already, here are 7 highlights of aMAAzing Dublin;
1. You cannot call yourself a real student if you don’t indulge in a couple of beers every now and then. Well, when it comes to beer, the Irish really challenge you with their famous Guinness, which originally comes from… yes you guessed it DUBLIN! You can visit Arthur Guinness brewery at St. James’s Gate yourself!
2. While you are enjoying your beer, do not forget to look around, or perhaps walk around, as Dublin is known for its beautiful scenery; mountains, forests, lakes and parks, you name it. Dublin has it!
3. After finishing your beer and walk, you can enjoy Dublin’s great music scene, they are well known for having many live music options! You can find most of these bars at the always lively area “Temple Bar”.
4. For those who’ve enjoyed their beer a bit to much, no need to worry! You can always ask for god’s forgiveness when visiting one of the two gorgeous cathedrals; St. Patricks and Christ Church.
5. And of course you will be craving some good food, which luckily Dublin is well known for too! it is known for its contemporary dining. As there are said to be about 70 million Irish people all over the world, many of them have returned to Dublin with their new discovered flavours, and they are not afraid to be innovative and creative with their menus! Resulting in a very cutting-edge and constantly evolving food scene.
6. Dublin is even a great place to get some much needed study motivation, as they have one of the most magical libraries in Europe, which you can visit at Trinity College.
7. To add some spice to your trip and to make sure you will stay on track; make sure to visit the abandoned prison “Kilmainham Gaol”. You will be informed of the very interesting history of this prison during your tour.
If this made you excited, go to here and apply now.