Amsterdam Commercial Night Committee (ACN)
Amsterdam Commercial Night (ACN) is one of the biggest events of the MAA. It is aimed at anyone who is enthusiastic about marketing or advertisement. Speakers of inspiring companies will give their view about their advertising campaigns and high-profile commercials.
Every year the event is attended by students, alumni and creative marketing professionals in Amsterdam. Within last year’s theme: ‘The Power of Storytelling’, GroupM, Philips and Grolsch gave inspiring presentations for 200 students in the Posthoorn Church.
The Amsterdam Commercial Night committee exists of 5 people:
- The Chairman is responsible for the flow of the committee. Making sure that everyone knows what to do and to remain the planning . The Chairman always leads the meetings.
- The Vice-chairman is responsible for all the money that goes into the budget. The vice-chairman loves numbers. Additionally, the vice-chairman also is the contact person for the participants. The vice-chairman will keep lists of participants and sends out e-mails to keep everyone up to date.
- Sales (Dutch person) is responsible for the companies who are giving presentations at the event. Calling is a favorite occupation for the sales person and you don’t take a no for an answer. The Sales person is also responsible for the content for the goodie bags.
- The Marketeer of the Amsterdam Commercial Night makes sure that students and alumni are aware of the existence of the event and its theme. The Marketeer will do this by creating posters, flyers, and by being active on the MAA’s social media platforms.
- The Event Planner is the one who’s planning the event. You can think of making a planning for all the organizer, make sure there are enough seats for everyone, that there is a person welcoming the participants and the companies, that everyone has a drink, etc. Shortly, a lot of organizing.
Meet the committee!