The Amsterdam Recruitment Event (ARE) is thé two days career event for students interested in Marketing, Consultancy, Management and Communication. ARE gives students the opportunity to get to know companies by participating in presentations, workshops and recruitment lunches, and you will only meet the companies you are interested in. The workshops and recruitment lunches are based on CV selection. The network drinks at the end of the day gives you the opportunity to meet recruiters of several companies in an informal way.
As part of the Amsterdam Recruitment committee you are responsible for organizing this event and to make it even better than last year. You get in touch with many companies and you meet a lot of interesting new people that can help you further in your career. The committee consists of:
- The Chairman. She is responsible for the flow of the committee. Making sure that everyone knows what to do and to remain their planning is her job. The Chairman always leads the meetings and makes the event an success together with the rest of the committee.
- The Treasurer is responsible for all the money that goes into the budget. The treasurer loves numbers. Additionally, the treasurer also is the contact person for the participants. The treasurer will keep lists of participants and sends out e-mails to keep everyone up to date.
- Sales. The Sales position is responsible that there are companies giving presentations at the event. Calling is a favorite for the Sales person and he does not take no for an answer. The Sales person is also responsible for the content for the goodie bags.
- Marketing. The Marketeer of ARE makes sure that students are aware of the existence of the event and its theme. The Marketeer will do this by creating posters, flyers, and by being active on the MAA’s social media platforms together with the Media & Branding committee.
- Event Planner. As the name already states, the Event Planner is the one planning the Event. You can think of making a planning for all the organizer, make sure there are enough seats for everyone, that there is a person welcoming the participants and the companies, that everyone has a drink, etc. Shortly, a lot of organizing.