Type: Internship – Non-Thesis
Length: 6 months
Time: 40 hours/week
Expected Start Date: August/September 2020
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Drive the financial modelling for the long-term strategic projects (LSP) and innovate/standardize customized solutions in International Markets.
You are responsible for
- The development and maintenance of our business case models for measuring profitability of Long-term Strategic Partnerships.
- You will be the go2 person for updates/upgrades when it comes to the development and enabling of agent models, with a huge 3rd party share.
- On behalf of your colleagues in the markets you will be the link to the End-to-End (E2E) 3rd party program. Capturing requirements for automation and delivery towards stakeholders.
- You will contribute to the sustainable use of the models by means of support, trainings and presentations
You are a part of
The Strategic Pursuit Team (SPT) for International Markets. You will report to the Senior Financial Business Consultant. The SPT team consists of senior experts like Strategic Business Architects, Bid Managers and Financial Business Consultants. In your daily work you will participate in a virtual team that drives the E2E improvement of deals with a huge 3rd party content. This position is preferably full-time and will be based in Eindhoven
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- MSc degree in e.g. mathematics, physics, econometrics
- Excellent knowledge of programming, preferably in SAS, SQL, Python, R
- Basic financial understanding
- You have strong analytical and problem-solving execution skills
- You have organizational skills to work in a structured way and maintain a holistic focus
- You are fluent in English
In return, we offer you
An interesting opportunity in a dynamic team where you will gain experience on long-term strategic partnerships and Business Case modelling.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there,you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Please note that in order to be considered for an internship, you need to be registered as a student during the entire internship period. Formal documentation of which may be requested at any time. Students from outside the EU need to fill in an NUFFIC agreement, which needs to be signed by the student and the university. Please note that the contents of our regular internship assignments are not suitable for professionals (and/or MBA students) with professional work experience.
Are you interested and want to learn more about this vacancy? Click here!