Start date: We prefer students able to start per January 2020
Duration: 6 months. Student able to extend up to a maximum of 12 months are preferred.
We are open to discuss support on your thesis subject as long as it will be in line with our project. We are flexible to discuss availability between 32-40 hours per week.
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Learn about strategy implementation, business development and the important “P” of pricing within a global business context. You will also explore the world of Philips, the leading brand in Garment Care.
You are responsible for
- Enabling the global marketing team (i.e. commercial organization/country) to achieve targets through outstanding support and energetic customer focus
- Coordinating the performance tracker, global and per market; coordinating and analyzing data using multiple tools; sharing learnings, suggesting improvement actions, and delivering business reviews as required
- Aiding and supporting development of market growth plans including analysis and illustration of business initiatives and objectives
- Co-developing marketing support materials, such as presentations, internal communications materials and retail training materials
- Tracking of global competition, market developments and trends across multiple product categories
- Supporting the Business Development Director and Senior Manager in updating value drivers analysis for existing and new product portfolio
You are a part of
Garment Care (GC), which is part of the Business Group Domestic Appliances. The team implements the overall strategy and the Commercial Policy with a deep understanding of consumer needs and innovative activation strategies within Philips. Key drivers for growth are breakthrough, game-changing propositions, trading up stories, recruiting new users, in-store excellence, new distribution channels, social media and 360° activation campaigns. You will with and report to the Business Development Director / Pricing Officer.
You will be working at our head office in Amsterdam.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Currently studying towards your University Master in Sciences WO (Msc.) in: Business Administration, Business (International) Management, Strategic Management or Marketing
- You have a true passion for marketing, business and pricing strategy
- You are a self-starter with the ability to learn quickly and work within a rapidly changing environment
- Able to collect, track, and summarize information; timely and courteous follow up with global and local teams; team player; ability to anticipate and plan ahead
- Project management experience is preferable
- Fluent in English; other languages a plus
In return, we offer you
As a junior member of the business development/marketing team, you will get a perfect view of what it is like to work in the global headquarters of a large international organization such as Philips. You will be working in one of the most dynamic business segments, so you will have a steep learning curve.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Required documents in order for us to continue with your application:
Please note that in order to be considered for an internship, you need to be registered as a student during the entire internship period. Formal documentation of which may be requested at any time. Students from outside the EU need to fill in an NUFFIC agreement, which needs to be signed by the student and the university.
Please note that the contents of our regular internship assignments are not suitable for professionals (and/or MBA students) with professional work experience.
Are you excited for this opportunity? Click here for more information.