Start date: We prefer students able to start as soon as possible but no later than Q3 2020
Duration: 6 months. We do prefer students able to extend up to 12 months
We are open to discuss your thesis subject as long as it will be in line with the internship responsibilities as described. We are flexible in your availability up to 32-40 hours per week.
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Gain a perfect insight into the world of global marketing and product development while being the team main point of contact for data driven projects. You will be familiar with a variety of marketing tools and processes while your own way of thinking and working style is also strongly encouraged. You will also participate in workshops and training sessions, which will help you deepen your marketing knowledge and understand how a multinational company stays competitive in a challenging global environment.
You are responsible for
- Supporting for selected projects in Product Development including analysis on consumer and market data, and coordinating selected areas of the project
- Manage team weekly dashboard by maintaining and update weekly business result
- Competitor Analysis to support key innovation projects for Male Grooming products (Hair clippers, nose trimmers, Body groomers and OneBlade)
- Market research for business intelligence information and data, do data analysis for our targeted segment/business category
- Analyzing portfolio performance and suggest counteractions together with the marketing and business development team
- Managing data and data models to incorporate into business planning projects
- Supporting in the creation and follow up of value added promotions
- Managing online effectiveness and content; Improving creation of and setup for online content, analyzing how and where we can improve
You are a part of
A dedicated Marketing Team in the category of Male Grooming within Philips Health Tech, which consists of electronic male grooming appliances. Philips is a global leader in this category. The upstream marketing team (Consumer Marketing Managers) is responsible for full proposition development, starting with consumer insight generation, all the way to product development, market launch and life cycle management.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Currently studying towards your University in Applied Sciences or University in Sciences Bachelor or Master in next studies: Business Administration, Business Economics, Business Management, Business Analytics or Marketing
- Strong analytical skills; Proactive and solution oriented.
- Advanced Excel/MS Office skills;
- An analyst with a structured mindset, who is comfortable with numbers and has an eye for accurate details
- Good communication and interpersonal skills to inspire and convey the messages in a convincing manner with people of different seniority and backgrounds.
- Able to work in a complex international matrix organization. Hands-on mentality, good in managing projects.
- Fluent in oral and written English
In return, we offer you
An opportunity to get strong exposure to an innovative and consumer oriented company in Amsterdam. A working and learning experience to be part of a team of passionate International Marketing Managers working with consumer products. You will be in a challenging role where you can make a real impact.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Required documents in order for us to continue with your application:
Please note that in order to be considered for an internship, you need to be registered as a student during the entire internship period. Formal documentation of which may be requested at any time. Students from outside the EU need to fill in an NUFFIC agreement, which needs to be signed by the student and the university.
Please note that the contents of our regular internship assignments are not suitable for professionals (and/or MBA students) with professional work experience.
Are you interested in this internship? For more info, click here!