Location: Amsterdam – Depending on the possibility to work at the office due to the COVID-19 pandemic, for the time being you will mainly work from home and be supervised remotely.
Type: Internship – not suitable for thesis
Length: 6 months, minimum
Time: 40 hours/week
Expected Start Date: May 2021
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Provide dedicated support to the Group PPA as part of the Planning and Performance analysis team.
You are responsible for
- Financial planning and analysis activities for Group Level business P&L and Balance Sheet.
- Coordinating reporting and analytics within the team and across all parties providing information to the team. Identifies and implements opportunities for improving efficiency and effectiveness of our reporting and analytics.
- Analyses and reports on business performance during monthly & quarterly financial reporting cycles.
- Perform forward-looking ad-hoc analysis, such as project & strategy evaluation, bench-marking, scenario analysis, etc.
You are a part of
The Group Performance, Planning and Analysis team based in Amsterdam (HQ). The team comprises 11 motivated, quick-thinking financial professionals who work very much as a team, together with the broader FP&A organization of Philips. This role will bring significant growth opportunities.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Studying towards your Master (or Bachelor) in Finance, Management, Business Administration
- A curious mind-set, with excellent communication skills
- Intellectual capacity to digest complex information, see trends & analysis through data.
- Advanced technical skills in Excel, and PowerPoint. ERP (SAP) is a pre.
- Experience with reporting & analytical tools, Business-Intelligence environments is a pre.
- Ability to balance speed and accuracy
- Works with multiple internal and external stakeholders to prepare FP&A deliverables
- Self-starter, can work autonomously and sets his/her own agenda. Takes pro-active ownership and accountability for independent analytical work or process coordination and improvement.
- Works efficiently & with eye for detail; high quality standards.
- Frequently interacts with functional peer groups. Interaction normally requires the ability to gain cooperation of others, conducting presentations of technical information concerning specific projects or schedules.
In return, we offer you
A work experience in a corporate environment and working closely with multiple businesses, the ability to gain insight into the financial statements (P&L, BS & CF) of Philips businesses. A learning trajectory to describe financial performance in a crisp & clear manner sensible to executive management.
Please note that in order to be considered for an internship, you need to be registered as a student during the entire internship period. Formal documentation (proof of enrollment) will be requested. Students from outside the EU need to fill in an NUFFIC agreement, which needs to be signed by the student and the university. Please note that the contents of our regular internship assignments are not suitable for professionals (and/or MBA students) with professional work experience.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there,you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
More info? Click here!