Internship: Marketing Insights & Analytics Personal Health (Non-Thesis)
Location: Amsterdam – Depending on the possibility to work at the office due to the COVID-19 pandemic, for the time being you will mainly work from home and be supervised remotely.
Type: Internship – Not suitable for thesis.
Length: 6 – 9 months
Time: 40 hours/week
Expected Start Date: October 2021
In this role, you have the opportunity to:
Work at the forefront of agile consumer learning as part of the Marketing Insights & Analytics Team of Philips. You will work on the execution of digital & social experiments that contribute to the validation and optimization of minimal viable propositions in our Ventures & Solutions.
You will manage and/or participate in projects related to Market Analysis, Consumer Innovation research, consumer trends and create Knowledge Zones on key strategic topics for Personal Health businesses. We invite you to further develop your talents in a fast-paced market environment and gain broad experience in various aspects of marketing. In this role, you will support the Global Marketing Insights & Analytics Business Partner for any of the 4 businesses in Philips Personal Health.
You are responsible for:
- Supporting the Global Business Partner MI&A for the 4 businesses in creating market tracking reports, new market analysis, competitive analysis, and underpinning of market opportunities with strategic deep dives;
- Support with projects around Consumer Insights, Innovation Development, Usage & Attitudes, and Consumer Satisfaction;
- Building Knowledge Zones from insights across multiple Centers of Expertise on strategic Key Insight Topics (for Brand, Competitor, Proposition development etc);
- Building future focused trend overviews;
- Answering daily ad-hoc requests coming from the Business & Marketing Managers.
You are a part of:
The Global Marketing Insights & Analytics team within Philips Personal Health based in the Head Quarters in Amsterdam. Your focus will cover the following businesses in Philips PH: Oral Health Care, Beauty, Mother & Child Care, Male Grooming.
You will be working at our head office in Amsterdam and from home.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Currently studying towards your University Bachelor/ Master in Marketing Analytics, Business Administration, Business Economics, Business Management, Economics or related field
- Strong command on MS Office (Excel and PowerPoint),
- Great analytical skills and Interested in market research, data analysis, competitive analysis, and consumer research
- Digital savvy, good understanding of social media.
- Experienced or interested in AB testing, growth hacking and online advertising.
- Some experience in desk research (preferred)
- Fluent English communication both verbal and in writing
- Excellent networking / social skills and Team player
In return, we offer you:
The unique opportunity to gain experience with global market and consumer analytics, innovation and strategy building on a wide range of topics. In addition, on the job learning in an agile environment by working closely with to experienced Experiment Leads, under the supervision of the Team Lead Insight Accelerator.
Please note that in order to be considered for an internship, you need to be registered as a student during the entire internship period. Formal documentation (proof of enrollment) will be requested. Students from outside the EU need to fill in an NUFFIC agreement, which needs to be signed by the student and the university. Please note that the contents of our regular internship assignments are not suitable for professionals (and/or MBA students) with professional work experience.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
You can apply for this internship by clicking here.