Internship: Product Marketing at Philips Air (immediate start)
Duration: 6 months with possibility to be extended, full time (40 hours / week) preferable
Location: homeworking / Amsterdam
Thesis Support: possible, please discuss with Recruiter
In this role, you have the opportunity to
bring your own product ideas to market and change the lives of people. You will be working hand in hand with Product and Portfolio Managers of Philips Air and be responsible for the product development process at Philips. You are part of the creation of new product propositions and involved in the development of communication materials for online and offline to show our products’ superiority in the market and to drive preference.
You are responsible for
- Support with the creation of product propositions and portfolio communication materials.Contributing to product development process with consumer insights generation, market analysis, product presentation preparations and other activities that requires project and product management skills.
- Check/develop/keep track of content for online and offline product communication.
- Developing product range leaflets (internal catalogue), killer demonstrations, customer and consumer events
- Developing training kits with the help of other internal/external parties and supporting the preparation of internal and external product presentation events
You are a part of
The Air product marketing team of air purifiers, humidifiers and combi devices. You will report directly to the marketing director based in Amsterdam and will work hand-in-hand with a team of product managers based in Philips HQ in Amsterdam. Philips Air is part of Domestic Appliances, which is the fastest growing category of Philips. Air category is a fast-growing market, with low consumer awareness and household penetration. You will be helping to unlock the full potential of the Air business together with our counterparts in the global markets, building brand preference and ultimately helping our consumers to breathe healthier at home.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Currently studying towards Master’s degree (preferred) in International management / Business Analytics / Strategic Marketing / Digital Marketing / Economics or related studies
- Interested in innovation, technology, marketing trends, e-commerce, data analytics
- Logical thinking and able to see the big picture
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Friendly, sociable team player
- Able to work under pressure and multiple projects simultaneously
Please submit your resume along with your profile statement / cover letter via this link. Your application will then be screened by a Campus Recruiter and suitable candidates will be invited to a video interview. Successful candidates will then be invited to business interviews which will also take place online.
Please note: in order to be considered for an internship, you need to be registered as a student during the entire internship period. Formal documentation of which may be requested at any time. Students from outside the EU need to fill in an NUFFIC agreement, which needs to be signed by the student and the university.
In return, we offer you
A fulltime paid (market related) internship for a period of 6 months (with the option to extend). At the end of your internship, you have the experience of working on multiple projects in a multinational, culturally diverse organization such as Philips and to be coached and developed by marketing professionals. You have been able to witness and be part of new product creation and analysis that leads to winning strategies.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 2.5 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there,you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Are you interested and want to learn more about this vacancy? Click here!