Start date: We prefer students able to start as soon as possible no later than Q3 2020.
Duration: 6 months
We are able to support this assignment with a thesis. This depends on the subject you want to research which need to be in line with the responsibilities in this internship. If we will support thesis, we do require an availability of 32-40 hours per week working on the internship assignment.
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Work within a fast-developing and dynamic PR team at Philips. Within the PR team, you will be assisting on PR plans and strategies, including product PR and creation of PR assets, product launches, branded content collaborations, analysis and measurement for the Personal Health portfolio in the Benelux. Next to this, you have the opportunity to assist with the content plan for the Philips BNL Instagram account.
You will receive training and coaching on the different aspects of PR, branded content collaborations and content creation. This internship offers you the chance to not only gain professional experience within the PR and communications field, but will also put your talents to use!
You are responsible for
- Creation of PR assets such as press releases, digital mailers and press kits
- Executing the PR plan and strategy and pro-actively assisting on project management of media partnerships
- Monitoring publications in relevant media outlets & measurement of PR activities, collaborations and free publicity.
- Assisting on the content plan and calendar for the BNL Instagram account, including content creation, measurement and planning
- Analyzing the always changing media landscape and trends to adapt relevant trends to the strategy
You are a part of
You will be part of the PR and branded content team within Personal Health Benelux at Philips. The team is working in Eindhoven HTC 52, but there is also the opportunity to work in the Amsterdam office. The primary focus of the PR team is to drive an always-on content strategy, to support the PH businesses, customer driven, while playing a key role in an integrated marketing team. You will be contributing to the team leading all media contacts and PR activities within the Benelux and working on key PR projects. In addition, you will also work closely with the marketing managers, social team, digital team and our PR agency.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Studying towards your (HBO/WO) Bachelor/Master student (Communications, Media & Entertainment Management, Business Administration, Creative Business, International Business Management)
- Passionate about the media landscape and trends
- Understanding of the role of PR within the marketing communications strategy
- Digital first mindset
- Self-driven, creative with an eye for detail
- Hard-working and motivated team player
- Fluent in Dutch and English (French is a pre)
- Experience with Photoshop and InDesign is a pre
In return, we offer you
A great learning experience and the opportunity to work in an innovative, dynamic and enthusiastic team with room for your own initiatives.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Are you as excited about this internship possibility as we are? Then click here in order to apply!