Ours is the story of the eternal upstart and change is in our DNA. We were born with the ambition to change the world through media. Raised in Asia, we are now the world’s most geographically balanced global network spanning US, Latin America, Europe and Asia. Mindshare’s birth in 1997 shifted the focus from media as a pure commodity to media as a change agent.
Our ambition was to go beyond the traditional media descriptors of “Optimise, Capitalise, Maximise.” We will not be defined by the formulaic definitions of media. Mindshare’s story is about teamwork. It’s why we called ourselves Mindshare in the first place!
We were designed to be a global network, balanced in every region, with clients benefitting from both global and local insights. Today 75% of our business is global and our global network and integrated approach is our strength. We are a global media agency network with billings in excess of US$24 billion (source: COMvergence) and our network consists of more than 7,000 employees, in 116 offices across 86 countries. Mindshare is part of GroupM, which oversees the media investment management sector for WPP, the world’s leading communications services group.
Discrimination, oppression and inequities towards people of different race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, abilities, age or any other differences, are unacceptable and have no place in the world or amongst our Mindshare family. We strive for an environment where everyone is treated fairly and respectfully, has equal access to opportunities and resources, whose voice is heard and who can contribute to the organisation’s success.
The Mindshare Nike team in Amsterdam is responsible for Nike’s Brand Media output across EMEA.
A Unique Team & Client
The team is incredibly creative. We do it all for Nike: planning, storytelling, buying, production – and we have a distinctive view on what constitutes “Nike media”, the future of communications and brand greatness. Our work is crafted, obsessed and delivered with passion.
The Nike EMEA team at Mindshare is collaborative like no other. Working as an extension of the media team, we impact the idea far more than you see on other clients. We are in in daily communication with a range of clients and are often working from the Nike European campus at Hilversum.
We are a passionate and close-knit group who are committed to helping each other thrive – we want to work with people who can bring a vibrant personality to the group.
Qualities we aim for in the team:
– Passionate: Our people have a passion for and connection to sport and culture. Many are active athletes* and bring a unique curiosity for uncovering unexpected spaces in sport, culture and media. You will have a good knowledge of key media channels and platforms across EMEA.
– Knowing what’s out there (and what’s coming): We are literate in the future of media and technology. We invest in searching out the new. We understand the consumer because we live the brand. Know what’s in, what’s out and what’s next.
– Tenacious & energetic: We are creative, we bring energy and we are ambitious. We have a constant pursuit of betterment. It’s never been done before, until we do it.
*If you have a body, you are an athlete. All sports are welcome at Nike. For this role, a passion and knowledge of a range of sports is ideal.
You will be a self-starter who is eager to work and learn within a dynamic unit. We win as a team, so you should be a team player but also someone who is able to manage their time effectively across a number of projects.
The right person will be smart, driven and excited by the challenge of working with the world’s #1 sports brand. If you think that might be you, we want to hear from you. We work with a fast-moving client, so you need to be agile and of course we work in a sports environment; its unpredictable and dramatic, and incredibly fun. The right person will enjoy an adrenalin rush every now and then.
The ideal candidate will be expected to work collaboratively within the social team, wider Digital team and with the Planning team:
- Paid Social Experience
- The candidate should have some experience setting up and optimizing campaigns within Facebook/Instagram Business Manager, Twitter Ads manager, Pinterest, Snapchat, YouTube, etc. Experience using custom audiences and automation to enhance Paid Social strategy and performance is a bonus.
- We are looking for someone who is Analytically minded with an aptitude for handling large data sets in order to identify trends and actionable insights. Attention to detail is very important in this roll.
- Execution Understanding
- The candidate should have an executional know how and the ability to execute campaigns across the global platforms Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Snapchat and TikTok. An understanding of best practices around for example buying strategies, formats and audiences as well as measurement capabilities via the native platforms and 3rd party tools is a benefit.
- You will be pivotal in the overall finance process, working with the team to ensure on time campaign booking, reconciliations and billing. You should be adhering to our finance processes and maintaining a zero error benchmark. Managing up where needed will be important.
- Effectively manage your workload, and submit deliverables to your Account Manager within deadlines.
Please apply here!